Kennedy Swim School has been the number one source for private swimming lessons in the Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty cooridor for 35 years. Children, adults, master’s swimmers, tri-athletes, or the physically challenged – always one student per teacher. No group classes. No pre-defined levels. Just a customized, personal swimming program for you or your child. Generations of families trust us.
Register now by calling 319-621-9019 or 319-354-0499 or emailing email@example.com.
Swim School Info
Director: Peter Kennedy, Ph.D.
* Former NCAA Division I swimming coach
* Coached over 75 high school, USS, and college All-Americans
* American Swim Coaches Association highest certification – Level 5
* United States Swim Coaches Association–35 Years
* College Swim Coaches Association–25 Years
* National InterScholastic Swim Coaches Association–35 Years
* Recognition for work with individuals with disabilities and special needs
Swim Lesson Info
Kennedy Swim School lessons are held at the Clarion Highlander Hotel, 2525 N. Dodge St. (Hwy 1) in Iowa City, just off I-80 exit 246 (Solon).
- Lessons are offered for all ages and abilities.
- All lessons are private 20-minute lessons – one teacher per student.
- Each student is typically scheduled for one 20-minute lesson per week for each session.
- You may schedule multiple students with different teachers at the same time.
- Late registrations are accepted based on availability.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your time slot for the session. Payment plans are available.
- All registrations are final and we cannot accommodate changes. Please be sure to plan ahead when scheduling.
- See our FAQ section for answers to more common questions.
Fall 2017 Session
September 5 – December 14, 2017 (no lessons on Labor Day or Thanksgiving week)
Late registrations accepted if space is available!
Price is $322 per student for 14 lessons (20-minute private lessons). Mondays will only be 13 lessons for $305. Price includes registration and insurance, and payment plans are available.
Most students take one lesson per week, but you may take two per week if desired. Siblings can be scheduled at the same time if space is available.
Available lesson days/times (lessons begin every 20 minutes at :00, :20, :40 of each hour within the time blocks listed below):
Monday 3:40-7:00 PM
Tuesday 3:40-7:00 PM
Wednesday 3:40-7:00 PM
Thursday 3:00-7:00 PM
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is each lesson?
Each lesson is 20 minutes long so it is important that you show up on time. After years of teaching lessons we have found that 20 minutes is an ideal length for private swimming instruction.
How many lessons per week?
Students typically sign up for one lesson per week for each session, although some take twice per week.
Can both of my kids take private lessons at the same time?
Certainly! We work with you to find a time slot that works for your family. Or, if you prefer, you can choose consecutive time slots. Once you register and submit your deposit, your time is reserved for the session. Customers are advised to register early to reserve a time slot for future sessions.
Do you offer group or semi-private lessons?
No. All lessons are private – one student per teacher. In group lessons, students spend a majority of their time waiting for their turn and sharing a teacher’s attention. Our students progress faster and have more fun because they are swimming with an instructor the whole time!
A session has already started - is it too late to register?
Late registrations are welcome if spots are available. Price will be prorated.
Can I request a teacher?
Students and parents grow fond of particular teachers. We strive to provide the best swimming experience possible and will do our best to accomodate requests. However, we never guarantee a teacher and always reserve the right to change teachers if other considerations require it.
What levels do you have?
We don’t have any levels. We train our teachers to recognize each student’s abilities and learning style, and to continuously challenge the student to improve. This allows each student to learn at his or her own pace with customized instruction.
Do you accept students with special needs?
Kennedy Swim School has been serving students with disabilities and special needs for 35 years. Our one-on-one instruction allows us to provide the attention and support to meet each student’s needs.